Friday, May 15, 2009

Taxi of DOOOOOM!

I saw someone's life flash before my eyes today. It was not mine. It was the guy driving the cab I was taking back to Thamel from Bhaktipur. I thought, after watching his life before my eyes, that if he does not die in a horrible car accident while driving me back to my guest house, I am going to kill him.

I got out of his cab, mostly intact, and paid him. I then ran down the street shaking from the ordeal. My heart was pounding like I had just run the 15km from Bhaktipur to Thamel. The list of things he almost hit include:

6 Motorcycles
6 Other Taxis
5 Tuk Tuks(Nepali "Short Bus")
3 Civilian Vehicles
2 Children on Bikes
1 Large Transport Truck Filled with Chickens

The last one... I almost wanted him to hit. Cause it would have been classic "chase scene" gone wrong.

Can't have everything.

No comments: