Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Coming Home

I am getting on a plane in a few hours.

I am going to be leaving this world and returning to "my" world. The USA.

India and Nepal have given me a lot. I have new things to think about, new ways to think about them, and new reasons for what I do. I have had hard times, good times, and boring times. I worked, played, and slept. I have been teacher, student, and something in between/I have people who call me friend, some call me family, and one man in Nepal considers me his Mijyu. To sum it up, I have had a life here in Asia.

The amazing part to me, is it has only been 3 months. What is 3 months? Nothing. Back home, 3 months could have passed with nothing happening at all. I would have been in a routine, just doing what I always do. Why do I do that back home? What is it about America that pacifies me? Makes me just return to my normally scheduled programming?

Well, I am not gonna do it this time. I can't. I have reaped too many benefits to just be what I was. I am healthier, happier, and smarter than I left, and I want to continue all of those things. I am not a "new" William coming home. I am the same person who just realized that I have more potential than I gave myself credit for.

Time to achieve.

1 comment:

Claire Christina said...

Nothing like a complete change in lifestyle to give you a kick in the pants, eh? I look forward to the not new (but improved) Will!