Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Every single meeting I had planned for today did not happen.

I was supposed to go to a few fashion colleges here in Nepal and talk to their career placement people, however when I got to each of the colleges, that person was unavailable, at a campus of the college, or in one case in the hospital due to an illness.

So I rescheduled these meetings for when they will be available, at this campus, and fully recovered.

So after a frustrating day I headed over to Namaste Cafe to see a few of my Nepali friends. Just as I got to Namaste, a huge hail storm started to pelt Kathmandu. The hail was only the size of dimes, but it hurt like hell nonetheless. The hail was followed by torrential rain. So, what I thought was going to be a few minutes in the Cafe turned into a few hours. I was also the only person in the Cafe apart from my friends, who happen to be the staff.

After that there was no power, so none of the Internet Cafes were open, so I was unable to call my Grandmothers/Mother to wish them a happy Mother's Day. Consider this an excuse/apology for my failure to report for grandson/son duty.

No comments: