Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Made It Safe and Sound

Today was one helluva long day.

I spent 2 hours in the Taxi in Kathmandu because of the demonstrations. By the way the riots were not that bad. It was more like parades. A little pushing and shoving, but that was as far as it got from what I saw.

My plane was then delayed another 3 hours once I arrived at the airport. So I ended up sitting in an airport lounge for about 5 hours. It wasn't so bad, except this airport lounge was playing the news. In Kathmandu that means alot of angry politicians shouting... a man can't sleep while that is happening...

Arrived in Delhi, got my bags, got in a prepaid taxi, and he got lost.

I had to tell the cab driver where to go, and he is from Delhi!!! In his defense it is a big city, and most tourists never go to Subhash Nagar. But still...

I am exhausted from a long day of doing nothing but sitting in uncomfortable positions. Time to crash on the couch, my home away from home.

No comments: