Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gimmie the Run Around

Today there was a Bhon. It was kinda lackluster and depressing. We were on our way back from the CItta Nepal office and the road was blocked. This happens all the time in Nepal, but I have never seen it happen like this.

It was blocked by 3 old men and 4 children. They had dragged concrete pipes into the road and were sitting there not allowing traffic to pass. It had to be the most rag tag group of rioters I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. However, out of... something (I am not sure what) Our taxi driver said the road was closed and we would have to go around. Clearly we could just drive around these people blocking the road, but he looked at me like I had just told him the sky was blue.

It's not the size of your protest, it's how you use it.

No comments: