Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miju

I said goodbye to Sushila today. Sushila is the office administrator at Citta Nepal. She is fantastic at her job and she recently had a son, who is extremely cute. Her husband lives and works in Dubai, so her mother helps her raise the child.

These are my final days in Nepal, and I know I am really gonna miss this place. Tonight I went to Namaste Cafe and had more cough syrup with Min, who is my Miju. Miju in Nepal means something more than best friend. The way it was described to me by Min, Miju is the person who you must listen to when he gives you advice, Miju is the person who doesn't lie to you, and Miju is the person who will always back you up. So now in Nepal, I have a Miju! It is a really great honor for someone to call you their Miju.

So I am now good friends with another club owner and another bartender. I am noticing a trend.

No comments: