Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time, Time, Time

So, it looks as though after 2 months of banging my head against the wall, the internet is finally working! The best part of it all is it was not due to any of my nearly constant efforts. Sure calling up and complaining to Airtel may have made them fix the tower faster, but all of the solutions I tried failed. I will still count this as a win in the grand scheme of things.

I am leaving in 6 days. That means that after 2 months of working on something that would have made my job exponentially easier, not to mention that a lot of what I was sent here to do involved working with the internet, and training the staff here how to communicate properly through the internet, I now have 6 days to do the work that I was sent with 2 months to do. 6 days does not equal 2 months. It doesn’t even equal one month. I have checked the math numerous times, and no matter how I try to make the numbers jump, it doesn’t change the fact that I do not have enough time to do everything I should do.

So instead I am prioritizing. I am picking the things that I can actually accomplish in my limited time. They are not the most important things I can do, because time will not allow me that. So I am instead choosing to do the possible.

Time. Ally or Enemy? I think both. It s crunch time, and I want results. I want measurable and quantifiable results. So I am using the little time I have to the best I can. I can whine about how much time I wasted here unable to really do anything that I had set out to do, or I can make the most of what I do have.

So, now that I have bored you with details of the work I am doing, I will leave you bored.

No comments: