Sunday, April 5, 2009

Missionaries of Charity

So I totally chilled with some Missionaries of Charity today, and they invited me to their leper colony! I might just take them up on the offer next week, but for right now I have some work to do.

They are the sweetest, nicest, and shortest women I have ever met. They happened to be at the same Mass I was at today (that being no coincidence as there is only one Church and only one Mass at the one Church). After Church they cornered me at asked me all sorts of questions about what I was doing there, and where I was staying, and... come to think of it they grilled me worse than the police did...

Anyway, they grilled me in a nice way. The Church here is just called the Catholic Church of Puri, but after some wrangling of the Priest I found out that it is dedicated to The Blessed Mother. Yeah there was a HUGE carving of Mary on the outside, but you can never be too sure with these things.

Spent today working on some reports, and lunching at Govinda's place. His mom tried to over feed me again. Practically forcing food into my mouth. She is truly a wonderful woman, but do not trust here with a handful of cauliflower.

No comments: