Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hammer, Meet Nail

Today I head back to Juanga. It always sad leaving this place. This place having internet access, different food for each meal, and air conditioning. But I manage to do it every time. And every time I go back to he hospital I return to my lifestyle there.

I find that I adapt to situations, circumstances, and people easily. I don't know why. I just find it easy to get along. Not just with people. I find it easy to get along with anything.

It's my biggest weakness as a person I think. That isn't to say that I don't think it is an asset, but it is also a weakness. For a long time I had a hard time saying no, or admitting I couldn't do something. It was devastating to me to let anyone down (Except my family.) I needed to be able to do anything and everything that needed to be done. It made me a real prick sometimes. Very arrogant and always so sure of myself.

Over the years I have had many helpings of humble pie because of my attitude. And I really believe I am better for it.

But, I have retained my ability to just be what is needed. I like being useful, I derive pleasure from working hard, and I enjoy making people smile and laugh. I am not the best at anything really, but I am always trying, and I at least succeed as much as I fail.

No comments: