Monday, April 20, 2009

Complaining

Came to Puri today, and I did something completely crazy. I found a hotel room with Air Conditioning.

It is splendid. I spent about an hour just sitting in the cold. Thats all I did. I didn't do anything but be cold. I am looking forward to a goodnight sleep tonight. I am sitting in my friends Surrot's internet cafe while I type this, and it is night time. I have so much work to do before I can leave Puri on Wednesday, that I don't know if I will be able to finish it all. Also, for the past few days I haven't been sleeping well. The power has been out during the night, and my room doesn't get a breeze. When the fan is off in my room the air becomes thick and heavy and it is difficult to get comfortable. So I have been a little sleep deprived.

I am stressed, tired, and soon to be cold again. You have no idea how happy this makes me! I love to be pushed and prodded like this. It excites me. It gives me something to do, and something to complain about. If there is one thing I love to do it is complain.

Odd thing about complaining. I only complain when whatever I have complaints about is nothing. I never complain about the stuff that really bothers me. I use complaining as a kind of humor, or defence mechanism. You can be assured, that if I complain about something, chances are it doesn't really matter to me, but if I am stoicly silent on a matter... That's when you know I care.

2 comments:

Claire Christina said...

"If there is one thing I love to do it is complain."

Well stated / explained. You crack me up.

Nick said...

"If there is one thing I love to do it is complain."

You know, if our group of friends had a motto or something, I think this would be it. But in Latin, because we're also sort of pretentious like that.