Sunday, March 29, 2009

What was I thinking about?

I jump topics too much in my blog. I always start out writing one thing, but by the end of a post, I am somewhere completely different from where I started. It all makes sense as I write, but whenever I read my posts, I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

It is because my brain wanders, and I allow it to do so. Every thought I have leads to something I think is related, and then that thought leads to something else until my original thought was about rice for lunch, and I end up thinking about The Stand by Steven King. It all makes sense when I am thinking it, and even writing it. When I read it, however, I find myself barely able to remember how or why I went from one topic to another. Even now it is taking all my concentration to remain on the topic of going off topic.

I will now demonstrate a moment in the mind of William:

William: My foot is asleep.
Will: Remember when your foot was asleep and you fell into grandma’s pool?
William: Yeah, I remember.
Will: Remember when grandma’s didn’t have a pool?
William: Yeah… seems like a while ago.
Will: Remember the sassafras tree in the backyard, and the swing set?
William: Yeah, of course I remember that!
Will: Remember how you used to swing on the swings and jump off and see how far you could get?
William: I remember that.
Will: Remember when you twisted you ankle doing that?
William: Kinda.
Will: What about when you tore you ACL dancing?
William: I have the scar to remind me.
Will: Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory is forever. What is that from?
William: Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in the movie The Replacements.
Will: Yeah… can you imagine Johnny Fav directed Iron Man?
William: He did a good job, I think Robert Downey Jr. was a fantastic choice for Tony Stark.
Will: Stark means strong in German.
William: I really like German.
Will: What is your favorite German word?
William: Entshuldigung. It means excuse me. I just like the way it sounds.
Will: No one here in India says excuse me… ever.
William: I know! But its not like they are doing it to be rude, they just don’t have that concept in their every day life.
Will: It’s hot.
William: Well I am in India, during their summer. What did you expect?

In case you were wondering… every time my brain wanders here in India, I am guaranteed to ALWAYS come back to “It’s hot.” I hope my dialogue with myself has entertained you as much as it always entertains me.

1 comment:

Jason D said...

I'm not sure the world was ready for this look into Will or William's mind! :-)

Oh, and entsetzlich is the coolest word in the German language! It's dictionary meaning is 'horrible' but my friend Julia uses it constantly (sometimes I think I like it because even if she's talking too fast to understand I can still pick out Entsetzlich!)