Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shhh, I am Narrating.

I think I have a problem, but I am not sure. I have begun to narrate. I am naratting my life. Plain and simple. Everything I do I begin to hear my own voice describing it to me. For instance, this morning as I sat and ate breakfast, I found myself describing in disturbing detail everything that I was experiencing. This narration has become common enough of an experience that I have noticed it.

On top of it all, I do not like my narrative style. I find myself noticing and describing things that I find boring and unnecessary. I have heard of "finding your voice" as a writer, but the voice that seems to be finding me is one I think I would not like to read. I will say this for my narrator, he is getting better slowly. The way I think is slowly coming around to the way I think I think. If that makes any sense to you, please help me make some sense of it.

Maybe it is because so little is happening at any given time here. I find myself with so much time to just sit and think, that I have begun to fill those moments in my own mind. Is it possible that I am internalizing my experiences? What am I getting from this practice of narration? I have no clue. All I know is this, my own personal story teller has a long way to go before I pick up any book he has written.

No comments: