Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Google

Recently I find myself never leaving a Google website whenever I go on the internet. I will give you an idea of what I mean.

I go to my computer and the first thing I do is check my email. So I head over to gmail.com. Reading my email I get invited to a party a week from now. I head over to google.com/calendar to see if I have anything planned for that day. Doesn't look like I have anything planned that day, so I check the weather at plain old google.com. The results for the weather are displayed right in my search, so I never need to even leave the results page.

Having completed all the humdrum tasks I set out to do, I go to youtube.com to kill some time watching videos. After exhausting the videos of pets doing silly things, it it time to catch up on all my Webcomics, blogs, and tech sites. I head over to Google.com/reader and everything I need is located (in a very organized manner) right there for me to read at my leisure.

After all that, I start to sort my pictures at Picasa.com, another google product. Then I check my voicemail at google voice. I head over to igoogle.com and read up on the headlines for today. Seeing something interesting on CNN (at the google homepage) I head over to google.com/news. Finally I accept the google wave invite and start toying around.

The kicker is... even this blog is written and posted at a google owned site. Google truly is my lord and master, and only now do I realize its awesome power over me. If IMDB.com and Wikipedia.org get taken over by google, about 90% of my internet interaction will take place through Google.

Sorry for not writing for so long, I am going to try to actually keep this blog active even though I am not struggling in some 3rd world country.

1 comment:

Aaron Traas said...

I've accepted the Google is my master now.